Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, December 23, 2013

Dear Friends and Family,
 
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!!! I first would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a special thanks to all those who sent cards, packages, prayers, thoughts of sending stuff and those who didn't get to it. I am very grateful for your goodwill. It is a wonderful season to remember Christ and His sacrifice for us.
 
We had a few cool experiences, but the best came last night. There is a family from Columbia who doesn't speak English and who is staying with a Hispanic family from the ward. They invited us over and since no hablo espanol, we showed the Restoration video in Spanish. The Spirit was there, even though we had no idea what was going on. The members talked to them for a while and bore their testimonies to them. I then asked for an opportunity to bear mine and I could feel the Spirit testify through me of the truthfulness of the Gospel. I don't claim some Gift of Tongues experience, but the Holy Ghost "speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding" (2 Nep 31:3). The Spirit was there and it touched their hearts. We're bringing the Spanish Elders next time though.
 
Lately, I've been reading the Gospels in preparation for Christmas. I've noticed a few cool things relating to missionary work but the cool one is located at the end of all 4 gospels. In the last chapter of all of them, the Savior tells us to preach the Gospel to all the world. I love preaching the Gospel and it has blessed my life immensely and I would never trade this experience for anything. I'll keep this short so you can go back to your festivities but have a very Merry Christmas!
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment