Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, January 6, 2014

Dear friends and family,
I hope everyone had a great holiday season! We certainly did! The days are starting to get longer. It is dark at 5:00 instead of 4:30 which is nice. Elder Maughan and I are getting along great, and we're doing what we do best, sharing the gospel.
 
We had a few great lessons this week. First, we taught Jessica and Ron, a couple that a member from the ward invited to meet with us. We asked them how they had felt about church, praying, etc. and they said they are not sure if this is the church they should join. So we re-taught them the Restoration, because they wanted to know even more. So, we showed the Restoration video (no its not because we are lazy) and the Spirit was very strong during the film. Afterwards, we asked her how she felt, and she said she felt "something." We testified to her that this was the Spirit, testifying to her that our message was true. We invited her to pray and read again and we are very excited to see her progress.
 
We also taught the McKinneys, the family from about a month ago. We taught the Plan of Salvation in the Godfrey's home and it was great! That is how missionary work should be. Technically, temple square missionaries referred them to us, but the Godfrey's set us this appointment in their home, and greatly contributed to the lesson. Hopefully, they will come to church next week and read the Book of Mormon and find out for themselves whether its true or not.
 
Serving a mission is the best experience of my life! It has been so wonderful to serve the Lord and be able to give all I have to Him. The thing I love most is the Spirit guiding us what to do, say, etc. I love in 3 Nephi chapter 11 where it talks about the Holy Ghost: "And it came to pass that while they were thus conversing one with another, they heard a voice as if it came out of heaven; and they cast their eyes round about, for they understood not the voice which they heard; and it was not a harsh voice, neither was it a loud voice; nevertheless, and notwithstanding it being a small voice it did pierce them that did hear to the center, insomuch that there was no part of their frame that it did not cause to quake; yea, it did pierce them to the very soul, and did cause their hearts to burn." I have loved experiencing the Spirit and love how it uplifts me when I am depressed or tells me what I need to say, but most importantly, I love the feeling when I testify of Jesus Christ and the overwhelming feeling that I get. I have also loved speaking to my Father in Heaven, not just throwing some prayer up there and hoping something good happens, but listening and expecting that He will speak back. These experiences have really changed my life, and I hope that all of you will speak with God and tell Him your needs, and I can promise you that He will speak in return. I love you all and I hope that all of you will continue to serve the Lord!
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment