Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, January 13, 2014

Dear friends and family,
 
Elder Maughan and I had a great week this week! We had 6 people come to church! 4 of them though are heading back to Columbia, but I'm sure they will be baptized there. It was cool sharing the Restored Gospel with them, even if we won't necessarily be the ones to baptize them. We also met with J and R again. We read the Introduction to the Book of Mormon and helped them see how they can receive their answer. Unfortunately, they didn't come to church.
 
We had a lot of good lessons this week. However, none of the people who we would like to see progressing are keeping their commitments. I was thinking about why people won't do the things they are suppose to. I realized that if they don't keep their commitments, they will not be ready to make sacred covenants with God. I also realized that this is probably how God feels about us. He obviously has a lot more charity than I do, but I bet he is disappointed when any of us sin. I guess I'm experiencing a little of what God experiences dealing with each of us.
 
At church yesterday, I was wondering about this and the Stake President, President Grow, spoke about charity during ward conference. It was an incredible talk and helped me realize that we all need to have charity. He said that developing charity (or really any attribute for that matter) is done one decision at a time. Alma says that, "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" I really felt the Spirit during that and I am going to try to apply that into my life. I know that as we try to develop Christ's attributes, that we will have the Spirit more abundantly in our lives, and that will bring that which we all seek: happiness. I love you all and I hope that you will all strive to develop charity this week, one choice at a time.
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment