Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, January 27, 2014

Dear everybody,
 
Well it is time for another transfer! I am off to Umatilla, Oregon to serve with Elder T_____, who I thought I knew, but apparently there are two so maybe not. I'm really excited for the new experience that will come and the wonderful people I will be able to talk with there.
 
Well, this week's appointments all fell through. When I say all I mean ALL. Despite that, I think I have felt the Lord's hand in my life more this week than almost all the weeks of my mission. I especially felt it as I partook of the Sacrament yesterday and renewed my covenant to serve God and keep his commandments. I felt forgiven of all of the many things that I do wrong, which if I were to list would put you all to sleep.
 
We found out this morning that A_____ is back in Colombia and is on date to be baptized Feb 9th!!!! Shout out to Elder Bates who is in Colombia near there! So cool to see our labors paying off, even though we will not be able to witness the baptism. He changed so much from when we met him, and now, he will be following the example of our Savior by entering in a covenant.  
 
I also had an incredible personal study today. I read Mosiah 22-24 which is the story of the people of Limhi and the people of Alma. They were both delivered, but the key difference was their trust in the Lord. Limhi's people trusted in their own strength and then were humbled because of their afflictions. Many lives were lost. Eventually, they came up with a way to escape. Alma's people, on the other hand, put their total trust in the Lord and the Lord himself preformed a miracle because of their patience and faith. I encourage you all to "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." (Pro 3:5-6, I think one of my mom's favorite scriptures) If you trust in His almighty hand, I promise you that he might not deliver you from affliction immediately, (see Mosiah 24:14-15) but He will strengthen you to endure and He WILL deliver you from bondage, whether physical or spiritual, in His own time. I testify that we have a loving Heavenly Father, who looks after each of us and if we listen to His voice, he will direct our paths. I love all of you and I hope that you all have an awesome week!!!
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman
 
Displaying IMG_3619.JPGDisplaying IMG_3623.JPG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment