Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, June 30, 2014

Dear Friends and Families,
Really cool week! We had an awesome specialized training this week! I felt the Spirit as President Ware and the APs told us how we can focus on our purpose. The Spirit also showed me how we could help D________. So we went over there (side note: she read 80 chapters in one week nbd) and invited her to pray about being baptized and she said she would. We came by the next day and she said that her answer was that she would know when she was ready. It has been awesome to see someone receiving revelation for themselves, even though its not the answer we wanted, but God's way is far superior to Elder Coleman's way. She and her husband have noticed a significant change in their lives and its been an incredible blessing for me to continue to help them progress towards Christ. We also have a church tour with O______ and his family tonight so hopefully that will be awesome.
So I finished "Jesus the Christ" this week and it was such an amazing experience to read about Christ's perfect life and how He has done so much for us. So, I have decided to read Ye Olde Testament. We'll see how this goes. So far though, it has been really great to learn from the example of the early Patriarchs, especially that of Abraham. When God asked him to sacrifice his son, he with unwavering faith in God's promises and steadfast obedience, was willing to give up what he cared about most. Fortunately, he was not asked to give up his only son. As many of you know, Abraham's sacrifice was in similitude of God's sacrifice of His Son (Jacob 4:5). I know that Christ is my Savior and that through Him, I can return to Him whom I love. I am so grateful for Him and for all of your love and support. Thank you and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment