Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 8, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

Well, this is the last email I will be sending out because I will be
going home to Connecticut next Wednesday. So, this letter will
(hopefully) be better than all my previous ones. Luckily, I have some
really cool experiences this week.

To start off, we taught London a couple 3 times this week. He was
reading, praying, and even came to the church for a bible study and
church tour. He was on fire.....and then we taught the infamous WoW.
The lesson itself was awesome. We could see the Spirit working on him
and he answered the questions we asked perfectly. We were going to
talk about how our body is a temple, but he brought it up even before
we got to it. It was really cool, but he said it was one of those
things he really liked so he wouldn't live it. We were so sad that he
wasn't willing to receive the blessings from living this commandment.

On a better note, we were teaching an investigator who was not
progressing, but yesterday, we really listened to the Spirit and asked
inspired questions and he was really touched by the Spirit. We were
going to drop him, but his enthusiasm afterwards let us know that he
needs another shot. The Spirit is so powerful!

I also had a life changing event this week. As the reckoning at the
end approaches, I have done a lot of reflecting on how well I've done
and how selflessly I have served. I haven't been the perfect
missionary and it was getting me down. I didn't think it was possible
to change so near the end. I prayed very earnestly for forgiveness and
fasted to know if my mission was an acceptable sacrifice. During fast
and testimony meeting and throughout the whole day, everything seemed
to be focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I also felt an
overwhelming feeling that I have been forgiven and my sacrifice was
accepted. This gave me a desire to share the Gospel even more. It now
reminds me of a scripture in Moroni 8:25-26, "And the first fruits of
repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling
the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth
remission of sins; And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and
lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart
cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with
hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto
prayer,until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with
God." I know as we sincerely repent, God WILL forgive us and this
forgiveness will give us a desire to share the Gospel. I bear witness
of the Savior and He really did suffer for us, that we might not
suffer if we would repent. My mission has changed me so much and I am
so grateful for the opportunity I had to teach so many of my brothers
and sisters. My joy is truly full! I love you all so much!!!!!

With love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment