Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dear Friends and Family,
 
Another awesone week in Selah. We had the oppurtunity to attend the temple last tuesday and the Spirit that was felt there was overwelming. I love the temple and the blessing it brings into my life.
 
I had a life changing experience on Thursday though. We had a zone conference on how to work with members in finding people to teach, which was very uplifting and informative. Lately, I have been struggling because I haven't had the success that I have desired to have. I was very discouraged and prayed to know what I should do so that I could be an effective minister of the truth. I felt that I should call President Ware and seek his counsel and he asked to meet with me following zone conference. I wondered anxiously about what he would say. Finally we met in one of the rooms in the stake center. I told him my concerns and he answered in a way that will change my life forever. He let me know that the Lord trusts me and that I am here to lift others up and show them the path of righteousness. He said that I needed to not view myself using the measuring stick of others, but the Lord's measuring stick. I need to be the best missionary I can and that is what success is. He told me of the time when he was a missionary that he had been going through the exact same things as I did and how he worked through them. He then gave me a priesthood blessing in which I felt the Spirit like I have only once before (in a role play of all places praying to know the truthfulness of the church). I am so grateful for a mission president who cares about me and not about the numbers of people that I talk to or teach. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He has died so that we may live again. I know that He has restored His church again to the earth and that Joseph Smith is His prophet. I can promise you all that when you are discouraged, when you think there is no where to turn, that when you have given up hope in yourself, that there is One who hasn't. He loves you enough to lay down His life for YOU. I know that He is guiding your footsteps and that with faith and humility to accept His plan for you He will help you conquer discouragement. I love my Savior and covenanted to devote my life to Him. I am going to recommit myself to living as He would have me live, and I would invite all of you to do the same. Since then, I have been far more happy and have felt the Spirit more then ever before. I love you all and I hope you all will serve those around you, just as He has served you!
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment