Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, February 17, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a very...interesting week this week. Tuesday we found a solid new investigator, but the rest of the week was, to be honest, pretty terrible. We taught almost no lessons and walked for many many hours. Elder T_____ was very discouraged, because he is a fairly new missionary and it always happens. He was getting way discouraged, so I told him my "mission" scripture: the scripture I use to get me through discouraging times. "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." (Ether 12:6) I know that as we continued to act in faith, the Lord blessed us. We had daily contact with our investigators, which our leaders counsel us to do, and we worked super hard. Thursday night, I pleaded to the Lord to send us a miracle, so Elder T_____ could make it through this hard time. After I finished, I felt that we should fast. For those of you who don't know, I strongly dislike not eating, but I knew that fasting brings great miracles. So we talked about it, and we decided Sunday to fast, which is the first time I've decided to fast on my own.

We showed our faith by working hard and fasting. The Lord blessed us immensely. It was probably one of the best days of my mission. We were at church and we were talking with K______. Background: she wants to be baptized with her 11 year old, T_____, but her husband said no and she smokes. This has been happening for months. She told us that she talked with her husband about baptism again, and he said yes for them to get baptized!!!!! We were so excited! She also told us that she hadn't smoked in 4 days which is a miracle in itself! March 8!!! Oh Yeah! That would have been a miracle enough for me...but it gets better. We found a new investigator and then put F_____ on date to be baptized March 22! We were super bold and testified of the restoration of the priesthood. He now knows the Book of Mormon is true and is overcoming his obstacles. So again, I testify that if we hold out faithful, the Lord WILL bless us with miracles we can't even imagine. Overall, this week was amazing! I'm so grateful to serve a mission! Those of you who are struggling: don't give up. Trust in the Lord, and He will show you His power. I love you all and thank you so much for the many prayers said on my behalf!

Love, 
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment