Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb. 10, 2014

Well...we got 9 inches of snow and being from Georgia, that was a lot. So, we spent our week trudging through the snow, tracting, and talking in British accents! Elder T____ and I have been passing the time by speaking in British, Warshingtonian, Batman and Joker, Russian, Italian, Indian, German, and Australian accents. Its pretty entertaining, but it goes to show that if you go on a mission to have the funnest time of your life (or to learn proper grammer and spelling), you will be sorely disappointed. We had a few lessons, and they were all spiritually uplifting. Well, I'm kinda reaching a point where much is the same and I don't really know what to talk about.

Being positive is the key to these kind of situations though. For me, being positive is an attitude of being grateful. We had a really hard day this week. We had 4 appointments fall through. And so we tracted for hours in the deep snow. We were pretty downtrodden. In my evening prayers, I knew that to be happy, I needed to be more grateful, so I told God many things, big and small, that I was grateful for. I'm grateful for a wonderful companion, I'm grateful to serve a mission, I'm grateful that we weren't hit by a car, didn't slipped on the ice, and weren't impaled by an icicle. As I listed things, I became more happy with the wonderful life I really do have. I know that as we are grateful, we will see that God has blessed us with so much. I love you all and hope you have a great, hopefully warm, week!

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment