Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dear Friends and family,

General Conference was Sweet! All the talks were awesome! I'll talk
about it later though because...K_____ is getting baptized Saturday!
We are so excited and even though she had to go through a lot of pain
to get there, it will all be worth it. This will actually be the first
baptism that I will be doing (although I think preforming might be a
better word because the Holy Ghost really baptizes people) so I am
super excited! She has really come a long way.

So back to general conference. Elder Bednar's talk was my favorite. I
tend to be the type of person who likes to do things by myself and not
accept others' help. His talk really helped me see the need to repent
and rely on the Savior's Atonement, not just for the forgiveness of
sins, but to strengthen us and make us better. When he was giving the
truck analogy, I had some physics (I'm a nerd) pop into my head that I
guess I'll explain. Hopefully I don't lose you all, but here it goes:
So centripetal force, or the force that causes objects to roll like a
car, is a net force and is caused by friction force, equation being:
umg=F. So as we increase the m or the mass by adding the load, we
increase the friction force. This might be conterintuitive, but if
there were no friction, the car would not move. Also, the more friction
force, the more traction the car has which helps the car to move out of the
snow. So it is with life: the more pressure that God puts on us, the
more spiritual traction we have. Also, it may seem like it will be
harder to move and the load seems heavy, but it is for our good. And
not only that, God has promised that through Christ's Atonement, we
can not only be forgiven of our sins, but we can get a sweet V12 for
our pickup and be strengthened so that we become better. I promise you
that as you look for the good in all your trials and be as President
Uchtdorf directs and be grateful, the Atonement will strengthen you
through ALL of your difficulties and you will eventually find eternal
happiness in God's presence. I love you all and I encourage you to
read the addresses and to continue to learn from them.

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment