Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, March 31, 2014

Since I didn't email until Wednesday, I don't have much to report on
this week. Not much happened since then I do have a few cool
experiences this week though.

First, I was in Richland for a baptism of one of Elder G_______'s
investigators. So afterwards, since we were just 5 mins from the
O______'s (the family I lived with there) we decided to visit them. We
came up and W_____, the youngest, open the door an said, "Elder
Coleman!" I was shocked that he didnt have to look at my name tag to
remember my name, because I left there a year ago. We talked with
Brother and Sister O______ for a while and we talked about their son
who is on a mission in Brazil and really struggling there. I then
offered to send some encouraging words from a fellow worker of the
vineyard. (side note, I worked in an actual vineyard this week digging
holes and plating grapes. Haha) Anyway, I thought about it after I
said that and was confused about how someone so self-centered as me
would take time to assist someone else who is struggling. So moral of
the story, as we serve those around us, like what I've been doing for
a little bit know, and pray for charity, we actually get some.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the
energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath
bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ;
that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall
be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this
hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." (Moro 7:48)

I know for a fact that as we pray for the pure love of Christ and act on
it, we will be filled with not only charity, but happiness. We will
also come to know how Christ feels for us and a better understanding
on why he accomplished the Atonement for everyone individually. I love
you all and I especially love the people of the Northwest with all my
heart!

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

p.s. Check out this picture: "I want you to serve a mission!"

Displaying IMG_3692.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment