Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

So we tracted a lot this week. When Elder Ballard came to our mission,
he said that if we talked to 10 people per day (70 a week), our
baptisms would double. Most of our appointments fell through this week
so that is what we did. I know that as we trust the Lord's servants,
that God will be with us.

Elder G______ is awesome! We are going to work
very well together this transfer.

To spare you all from the very boring stories of tracting, I will talk
about small and simple things, the topic I was assigned yesterday to
speak about next Sunday. This was a conference talk, but it comes from
a scripture in Alma 37:6, "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are
great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth
confound the wise." Some small and simple this in our lives may be the
primary answers: reading the scriptures, praying, going to church,
etc. These are the things spoken about in vs. 7 that, "bringeth about
the salvation of many souls." Make these small things a priority in
your lives, and I promise they will make all the difference. I've had
a few days on my mission where there was a meeting or something in the
morning where I didn't have the opportunity to study my scriptures. I
can feel an emptiness the rest of the day. Make it habit, and it will
bring fulfillment into everything you do. I really really like you all
and I hope you all have a week filled with the small and simple
things!

With much affection,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment