Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, May 19, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,
We had a great fantastic week this week! We taught a few people, but the highlight of the week was yesterday when we taught the H______ the Plan of Salvation. The cool part was we read 2 Nephi 2:11-12 with them and [the Father] said, "That is very wise council, no man could have possibly written that. I was pretty surprised. So we helped him put it on his phone so that he could listen to it while he drives to work. They are super awesome!
We also had a great Zone Conference. The conference itself was alright, but President Ware gave us a copy of "The 4th Missionary" after the meeting. To make a long talk short, I realized that I am often times the 3rd missionary, which doesn't have their heart in it. D&C 4:2 says, "O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength" and the 3rd missionary works hard and is obedient, but their desires are not in line with the Lord's will. I feel that sometimes I am like that, so I guess I'm the 3.5th missionary. I realized that conversion is a process that takes time, but I really felt the Spirit as I prayed with the attitude of "Thy will be done." I encourage all of you to ponder what the Lord would have you do, and then do it. I love you all and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment