Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

Dear Friends and family,

Hope you enjoyed last weeks email........Ok I got lazy and didn't
write one but this week, I am repenting. We had an amazing week.
Transfers are this week (already) and I am receiving Elder B______ so
that should be exciting. So last week, we got a referral from a sister
in the ward whose cousin was interested about hearing the lessons. So
of course we were very excited. She has come to church twice and is on
date to be baptized! It has been an amazing experience watching her
feel the Spirit and while our traditions aren't what she is use to,
the Atonement is changing her life.

We also are teaching A______, an awesome guy who loves martial arts. He
has investigated the Church before. His retention is awesome and can
teach us back. He is super cool and also wants to be baptized.

So this week, we had stake conference. The whole Saturday Session was
devoted to missionary work so I was all ears. As I listened, one
message stood out to me, and that was charity. I'm sure that was the
Holy Ghost telling me that I should work on it. So, I studied up some
more and read Moroni 7:45 for the hundreth time. I learned something
new though, and that's why I love the Scriptures. It says, "And
charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not
puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no
evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth,
beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth
all things." In normal English this says that Charity is patient,
kind, humble, selfless, peaceful, and righteous. This is Charity and
it is what I want to be like. I know as we all come to develop
Chirst-like love, we will be happy, because we will see people as they
really are. I love all of you and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment