Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

Good week, not as amazing as last week but still really good. We found
a new investigator that use to be investigating the church, but was
arrested the day of his baptism for not paying fines. So after a year
of try bys, we got in!

So lately, I've been reading Ye Olde Testament. A forewarning, I would
not necessarily recommend it unless you really like to learn and
really like to look at genealogies. Anyway, as missionaries, we teach
that God has revealed His gospel in every dispensation of time and
that, because He is merciful, He reaches out to us all the time, even
when we don't accept Him. I have seen that in the Old Testament. As
I've looked past all the craziness of the Old Testament, (for
craziness, see Judges 3:16-22, 4:21, 1 Kings 18:40, 2 Kings 2:23-24,
not all the examples, but my favorites. Not trying to hurt your
testimonies of the Old Testament...) I've seen that this is true and that
even though they, "refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy
wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in
their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but
thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger,
and of great kindness, and forsookest them not." (Nehemiah 9:17) I
know that God is ALWAYS reaching out to us so please take His hand. I
love you all and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment