Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was pretty good. It took me a long time to write these few
sentences because I am getting old so I don't have much to say, my
spelling is super bad, and my typing is even worse. Anyway....We had a
really good week! We found a really solid family. The mom let us in
because her daughter is dating a member and her daughter is
considering getting baptized. We tracted into them a month ago, but
they were on vacation for a while. We felt prompted to see a part
member family, but they couldn't meet, however, this family lived
really close and let us right in! It was pretty awesome. God knows
everything....who knew.

As I've gone over my general conference notes, a paragraph by Elder
Scott that I have really tried to implement into my life.

"The first tool is prayer. Choose to converse with your Father in
Heaven often. Make time every day to share your thoughts and feelings
with Him. Tell Him everything that concerns you. He is interested in
the most important as well as the most mundane facets of your life.
Share with Him your full range of feelings and experiences.

Because He respects your agency, Father in Heaven will never force you
to pray to Him. But as you exercise that agency and include Him in
every aspect of your daily life, your heart will begin to fill with
peace, buoyant peace. That peace will focus an eternal light on your
struggles. It will help you to manage those challenges from an eternal
perspective."

I testify that as we tell Him everything, we can find peace in our
lives as we speak to Him as one man speaketh to another. Love you all
and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment