Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20. 2014

Dear Friends and Family,
Well, this week was super good. We are teaching this mother and daughter (who is dating a member in another ward) and the daughter is thinking about getting baptized. In our mission, we call it implementing the 43rd principle (there are 42 in Preach my Gospel) or FTC (which stands for flirt to convert) so this fine young man has mastered this principle:)

Lately, I've been working on focusing on other people. As I've gotten better at it during my mission, it has really made me happy. A quote comes to mind by President Utchdorf, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but less about yourself." With this being said, we stopped by a potential to whom we had given a Book of Mormon. Her husband answered the door with a serious foot injury. As we listened to his story with love, charity filled our hearts. He commented after, "Thank you for listening. Its hard to find people now days that care." I then told him, "Well, God cares." He then very excitedly said he would read the Book of Mormon and would love us to come back again. I love our brothers and sisters, God's love will fill our hears and we will be happy. I love you all and have a LOVEly week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment