Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman
Arriving at the MTC

Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 24, 2014

Dear Friends and family,

Awesome first week back in Richland! We had some great lessons this
week. Lately, I've been trying to ask more inspired questions, which
help the investigator feel the Spirit and receive revelation. I have seen
it work a lot.

We also had Elder Arnold of the Seventy come and train us about how we
can participate more fully in the Lord's hastening. He shared some
very applicable advise. Well, you can never be too old to repent and
improve. He had an incredible testimony of the Savior, which can only
stem from a lifelong commitment to follow Him.

Speaking of this...I read a scripture today that hit me with a lot of
power. Bartimaeus is a blind dude, and he implores for the Savior's
mercy in healing him. Mark 10:52 says, "And Jesus said unto him,
Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he
received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way." What really struck
me is that Jesus said "Go thy way." We all have our own will or way
that is our agency. We can do what we want. Bartimaeus however decides
to follow Jesus in THE Way. THIS is the Gospel of Christ. He is The
Way. He is The Only Way. I testify that as we give our hearts to Him,
that he will be able to heal us. I love you and I love this amazing
opportunity I've been given to serve a mission! Have a Happy
Thanksgiving.

Love,
Elder Spencer Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment